While your fine rug is an accent to your home decor, it may sometimes become damaged or worn.
We expertly repair and restore by hand rugs of wool, silk, hand knotted rugs, machine-made and hand tufted rugs. We also specialize in restoration and conservation of antique rugs.
Our Repair Department carries a huge inventory of wool yarn for color matching. Our repair artisans have received many years of training in order to become proficient and skilled in their craft.
All work is performed on the premises (unless otherwise specified) and all rugs are fully insured while being repaired. We offer competitive rates and all work is guaranteed.
For a personalized assessment and estimate of rug repair and restoration, please bring it into our Virginia Beach showroom for a free evaluation, or you can schedule a pick-up by calling 757-333-1010
Area Rug Repair Services Available:
- Addition of false fringe of various types, lengths and colors
- Fringe removal by two methods: Permanently removed and over sewn so that the rug does not fray; or, folded under and secured which can eventually be restored to the original state at any time.
- Fringe trimming
- Hand over-sew fringes to prevent unraveling.
Sides and Ends of Rug
- Rebind sides by hand and carefully match colors
- Repair, straighten, and over sew worn edges
Reweaving of Holes and Damaged Areas
- Replace worn pile
- Reweaving and re-knotting of holes and rips in your rug
- Patch a hole or rip in your rug by applying a latex patch to the backing
Rug Painting & Coloring
- Hand paint worn areas on your rug to match the existing wool pile.
- Antique tea wash
Re-sizing of a Rug
- Reduce the size of a rug
Sleeve for hanging a rug on a wall
- Rod sleeve pocket is hand sewn on the back of your rug for hanging on a wall
All Kinds of Specialty Repairs
We can perform all types of specialty area rug repairs, however we need to inspect your rug to advise you and we will gladly give you a quote for the professional rug repair and restoration work to be performed.
Wet Rug Water Damage Restoration after Flooding
If water event soaks your floors, a wet, soaked rug can easily be picked up and returned to you restored. Just give us a call at 757-333-1010 and we will take care of the rest.