Print your Rug Cleaning and Repair Coupon!
Contact our Cleaning and Repair Department at 757-333-1010 for an estimate to clean your rugs or to schedule a pickup.
2013 Rug Cleaning SPECIAL: 25% Off All Rug Cleaning & Rug Repairs*.
Pickup and delivery is available for a reasonable fee. Turn around time is about 7-10 days. Express service is available.
*Payment is due at the time you drop off your rugs in order to receive the discount. May not combine with other offers. Not valid on previous orders. In House Rug Repairs only.
Don’t take a chance with your Oriental rug. Let the professionals at Mark Gonsenhauser’s Rug and Carpet Superstore clean it for you! We offer professional rug and carpet cleaning services, and provide expert hand rug cleaning for all types of rugs, including both new and antique rugs as well as rugs made from silk, wool, and man-made materials.
Unlike other facilities that either ship out your rugs for cleaning and repair or clean them in a parking lot, we maintain an in-house Rug Cleaning Plant that is a proper controlled cleaning environment. Our plant is equipped for specialized hand rug cleaning, so you can rest assured your antique and/or Oriental rug is safe with us.
We use the very latest, up to date cleaning products and equipment that are approved by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI). Our specialized cleaning process has several comprehensive stages so you can be assured that our process is done thoroughly and with the utmost care for your rug.
To preserve your rug’s beauty and value, we recommend that you periodically have your rug professionally cleaned. A professional washing will bring out the richness of color and softness of the wool and will help preserve your rugs beauty and value. Fine dust that is tracked into your home gets trapped into the bottom of the pile of the rug and acts as an abrasive file to the wool which causes wear and damage. Regular cleaning removes that fine dust. Depending on the amount of foot traffic and any other factors such as pets, spills, and soiling, we recommend cleaning your rugs every 3-5 years.
To have your rug cleaned, you may either bring it into our showroom or we can arrange to have it picked up for an additional charge. Your rug will be inspected for any obvious or hidden stains and any areas of wear. After we have evaluated your rug, we will gladly give you suggestions for restoration and repairs if needed. While on our premises your rug is fully insured against fire and theft.
Types of Cleaning Methods Offered
Water Wash: In this process your rug is vacuumed, scrubbed, shampooed and then thoroughly rinsed. This is our most rigorous wash. We use a special pH balanced rug shampoo to thoroughly scrub your rug. Your rug is then rinsed and then an extractor removes any residue and water from your rug. Your rug is then hung to dry on our specially built drying poles. Please allow approximately 2 weeks for this process. Express cleaning service is available for an additional charge.
Dry Clean: This process is recommended for silk rugs and mercerized cotton rugs.
ADDITIONAL RUG CLEANING SERVICES:
- Pet urine extraction - click here to read about our exclusive pet urine extraction service.
- Deodorizing – We apply a clean and fresh scent to your rug after it has been shampooed.
- Moth proofing – This is a commercial grade moth spray that is a deterrent to moth infestation.
- Stain Protectant – After shampooing your rug we apply a stain guard that helps liquids to remain on the surface while you quickly blot up the spill.
- Dusting – Dry Soil Removal (For heavy soil buildup in your rug) - Foot traffic dirt and fine dust is tracked into your home and this dirt gets trapped in the bottom of the pile of your rug and acts as an abrasive file to the wool which causes wear and damage. We have a very effective dry dirt and dust removal treatment using our very own special process. When you bring your rug in for cleaning, we will inspect your rug for excessive dirt in the pile and recommend our dry soil removal / heavy dusting service if needed.
- Fringe cleaning - This service is performed by hand using a special fringe brush and extra care is taken with a special non-bleach brightener to remove dirt and stains.
- Storage - We carefully moth proof and wrap your rugs before storing them in our climate controlled storage area. Your rugs are fully insured while on our premises.
- Wrap for storage - We can wrap your rug securely for storage using our specially designed plastic rug sleeves.
- Wet Rug Restoration after Flooding -If your hot water heater floods your home or any other water event soaks your floors, a wet, soaked rug can easily be picked up by our Pick up and Delivery Service and returned to you restored. Just give us a call and we will take care of the rest!
Service Area – Pickup & Delivery
We proudly serve all the Hampton Roads cities including; Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News, and the Williamsburg area. We also serve northeastern North Carolina and the southern end of the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
Feel free to drop off your rug during business hours, no appointment is necessary. Or Pickup and delivery service is conveniently available for a reasonable fee. Please call our Cleaning Department at 757-333-1010 for details.
There is an additional charge for moving furniture.
Click An Image to Enlarge