Print your Rug Cleaning or Repair Coupon!
To schedule a pick up of your rug for repairs, please call 757-333-1010.
2013 Rug Repair & Cleaning SPECIAL: 25% Off Rug Cleaning & Rug Repairs*.
Pickup and delivery is available for a reasonable fee.
*Payment is due at the time you drop off your rugs in order to receive the discount. May not combine with other offers. Not valid on previous orders. In House Rug Repairs only.
At Mark Gonsenhauser’s Rug and Carpet Superstore we offer Professional Oriental and Persian Rug Repair and Restoration. Our rates are competitive and all work is guaranteed.
We expertly repair and restore by hand all kinds of area rugs and fine Oriental carpets. We repair rugs of wool, silk, handmade rugs, machine-made and tufted rugs. We also specialize in restoration and conservation of antique rugs. Our expansive Repair Department carries a huge inventory of wool yarn for color matching. Our repair artisans have received many years of training in order to become proficient and skilled in their craft.
For a personalized assessment and estimate to repair and restore your precious rug, please bring it into our Virginia Beach showroom for a free evaluation.
While your fine rug is an accent to your home decor, it may sometimes become damaged or worn. We offer a full range of rug repair services. All work is performed on the premises (unless otherwise specified) and all rugs are fully insured while being repaired.
The following types of rug repairs are available:
- Addition of false fringe of various types, lengths and colors
- Fringe removal by two methods: Permanently removed and over sewn so that the rug does not fray; or, folded under and secured which can eventually be restored to the original state at any time.
- Fringe trimming
- Hand oversew fringes to prevent unraveling.
Sides and Ends
- Rebind sides by hand and carefully match colors
- Repair, straighten, and over sew worn edges
- Replace worn pile
- Reweaving and re-knotting of holes and rips in your rug
- Patch a hole or rip in your rug by applying a latex patch to the backing
Rug Painting & Coloring
- Hand paint worn areas on your rug to match the existing wool pile.
- Antique tea wash
Re-sizing of a Rug
- Reduce the size of a rug
Sleeve for hanging a rug on a wall
- Rod sleeve pocket is hand sewn on the back of your rug for hanging on a wall
All Kinds of Specialty Repairs
We can do all types of specialty repairs, however we need to inspect your rug to advise you and will give you a quote for the professional work to be performed.
Wet Rug Restoration after Flooding
If your hot water heater floods your home or any other water event soaks your floors, a wet, soaked rug can easily be picked up by our Pick up and Delivery Service and returned to you restored. Just give us a call and we will take care of the rest!