Mark Gonsenhauser is the only Certified Rug Appraiser in Hampton Roads Virginia. Mark is a member of and is certified by the Oriental Rug Retailers of America (ORRA). For more than 40 years ORRA has been the only national organization working to promote ethical practices in the Oriental rug business and Mark Gonsenhauser adheres to the ORRA code of ethics.
With Mark’s extensive experience in international rug buying, he has the knowledge to identify your rug’s type, quality, age, rarity, and country of origin. Appraisals can be done both in our Virginia Beach store and on location by appointment. Insurance agents may recommend that rug owners have a current appraisal in the case of fire, flooding, theft and estate planning purposes.
To schedule a rug appraisal on location, please call 757-486-6600.
Each appraisal produces a Certificate of Origin which includes:
- Photograph of the rug
- Size of the rug
- The rug’s approximate age
- Identification of the rug’s origin
- Identification of the type of rug including a brief description
- Report of the condition of the rug when it is appraised
- Notes on any repairs that have been performed
- Notes on any repairs that are needed
- Value of the rug
- Certified appraiser’s signature of authenticity